Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bringing Home Byron

After being in the hospital for 24 hrs I was pretty bored. The hospital only had a few TV channels and they were a little fuzzy. I loved all the attention/service/help I got from the nurses but I wanted to be in my own home. I loved, loved, loved having time with just Byron and me. Sam was working (I told him to work because he would be bored sitting at the hospital and if he isn't working we aren't making money) and I just got to hang out with my sweet little baby. We would turn off the lights and nap together, I would watch TV while I held him in my arms, and we would surf the internet together. Byron and I were having fun but I knew my big kids were at their grandparents, having tons of fun, so we would be able to relax at home and spend more time bonding in our space.

Sam got off work around 3pm and we were home by 5pm. First we had to get the nurses to hurry and get everything done for us to check out, get Byron dressed in real clothes and in his car seat, and finally we had to pack up all the stuff we had accumulated at the hospital. Then we had a mini trip to the pharmacy but made it home and started getting use to a new baby in our house by 6pm.
So good to be home and not pregnant!!!

No comments: